Friday, October 21, 2011

Stories!

I had tears in my eyes as I watched the pride and love in a father's eyes as he brought his very young, double amputee, son in to get a quilt.     Rose

Fort Sam- A soldier came in with his wife.  When she couldn't decide on what one he said, "it is autumn and I like this one with leaves."  I was thrilled to present him my quilt to him.  The picture that was taken with both of us and the quilt will hang by my sewing machine!     Linda L

Fort Sam-  At the Intrepid Center I was priviledged to give a quilt to a young man who was learning to walk with double leg prostetics.  He was concentrating so hard on each step! What an accomplishment!
                                                                                                                         Terry
I was visiting with the Asst Supervisor of the rehab center.  He told me how much the quilts mean to the wounded men and women.  He said that they tell him that it makes them feel like they are back home.
                                                                                                                           Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment