Thursday, October 20, 2011

A few stories!

Fort Hood- As I was visiting with soldiers waiting to go into the quilt distributing room, I noticed a young female soldier leaving with a quilt that I had made,  It was a ragtime quilt of blues and teal flannel.  I was so excited!  I went up to her and said, "I made that quilt."  She said that she wanted to save it for her baby which would be born in April.  I told her how I love to make baby quilts and that I would make her one if she woulf give me her address.  And she did!  What a special experience!
Fort Sam Houston- I met a soldier who chose one of my ragtime quilts.  He said he wanted to get it for hislittle girl who was just changing her bedroom to a Raggety Ann theme.           Dian Zeck

Fort Hood- As we were greeting the soldiers as they were leaving the quilt didtribution area I saw a soldier with one of my quilts.  As he came towards me I asked him if I could shake his had.  As I shook it I sxplained that he had chosen one of my quilts.  He said that he wanted one with wildlife on it. He had chosen my Minnesota fabric quilt.  As we talked I explained that the words printed on the back were the names of lakes in Minnesota.  He said, "All 10,000 of them?" and I said no but many of them.  I suggested that when he had time that he should get a Minnesota map and find some of the lakes.  He replied, "I will have to do that  with my eight year old son".  And then he gave me a big hug and said, " thank you".  It was pricless!
                                                                                                                         Linda Luthi

No comments:

Post a Comment