Monday, October 17, 2011

A special one for Penny!

This young lady pictured below happened to ask me if I knew who had sewed the quilt she received. I folded down the corner and we read it. As soon as I saw Pennys' name I asked her if I could take her picture with it. She smiled and said yes. I explained then that Penny had to stay home because she didn't want to miss the birth of a grandchild. The soldier smiled and asked me to thank Penny for her. As she walked away she turned back to me and added this..."and give her a kiss on the cheek from me too, please!". I assured her that I would. We both had happy tears in our eyes! So Penny this one is for you!

1 comment:

  1. Love this little story and the picture of this gal with her quilt. I bet she will always wish she could have met Penny :)

    Kelli H
    St Paul MN

    ReplyDelete