Monday, October 17, 2011

Day Three

Now that I am caught up on yesterday I will begin this day. Another long ride with fun and games. BTW...Thank you to all who donated stuff to use as prizes for all the games. You are awesome! First stop will be a lunch somewhere along the way and then to Fort Hood to drop off 300 quilts to soldiers there. Fort Hood and Fort Sam Houston are what these ladies have been working so hard for all these months. To be able to hand present a quilt to one wounded soldier in person. To tell them thank you for their service, in the form of a quilt (and maybe a hug!). This is what this trip is all about!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Cheri, Jenny, and everyone from Marianne Fons! I just want to send you my very best wishes on this exceptional mission, and thank you for all your kindness and assistance to Matt Hyland, the young film maker accompanying you to Ft. Sam. He's capturing your story so it can be part of a special Public Television documentary about Quilts of Valor.

    The "Pledge Special" will air in Iowa this coming March and eventually be made available to all PTV stations nationwide. A DVD is being created, and I'll make sure Jenny gets one just as soon as they are ready.

    I also want to apologize that I won't be in Winterset when you stop through my lovely little home town on the way home. I hope it is a beautiful fall day the day you pass through.

    Words are weak to express the admiration and appreciation I feel for all the work and love you have put into this special mission for fellow Americans touched by war.

    Sincerely, Marianne Fons

    ReplyDelete